ALL VOLUNTEERS: Please attend the Thursday, September 20 Volunteer Meeting at TownHall Center, 129 W. 5th Avenue, Garnett. Get your Kicker shirts and swag. Brief meeting, 6 p.m. See you there!
Download the form and send to P.O.
Box 82, Garnett, KS, 66032 by 09/01.
Join us! Fill out the Contact Form and let us know you want to be a volunteer.
The Volunteer Form is required to be completed and returned by September 1.
It takes over 150 volunteers to put on Cornstock (a/k/a Anderson County Corn Festival).
Right now we are looking for:
- People with personality to be Park Entrance Greeters
- Info Booth volunteers - Hang posters - Friday set up helpers, hang banners, etc.
- Merchandise booth helpers - Errand runners - Help with contests and promotion of event
- Highly motivated and self-driven individuals to serve on the Board of Directors for future years.
Note: High school age-up can participate. Great way to do high school required community service hours! All volunteers must sign liability waiver and when necessary, background check may be performed. Also, see our SCHOLARSHIP opportunity!
Become a volunteer of Cornstock! Learn how to manage your time, set goals, lead and succeed. Our vision is to help teach and mentor future community leaders. Won’t you join us? Volunteer positions are available for help with:
1. Creating unique, fresh, new activities to educate and entertain the public on local agricultural heritage, culture and local arts.
2. Coordinating with community civic, church and school non-profit organizations to help them maximize their fund-raising opportunities by participating as a part of Cornstock.
3. Serving on a subcommittee; making contacts, organizing and making things happen.
4. Man Power! Lending a hand with a variety of physical activity, from putting up fence to helping unload bands behind the stage, to parking cars, help is always needed somewhere.
5. Having fun! While some may think it work, helping needy organizations meet their goals, and helping thousands of people in the process, all while bringing fun, entertainment and education to the community…it doesn’t get much better than this.
Copyright © Cornstock - The Anderson County Corn Festival, Inc.